Long Island University-Post, ALA-accredited, New York, NY
M.S. Library and Information Science, Specialization in Academic and Special Librarianship, December 2014
New York University, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, New York, NY
M.A. Business Education, May 2010
University of California, Berkeley, CA
B.A. Economics and Spanish Language and Literature, May 2007
University of Southern California, Von Kleinsmid Center Library, Social Sciences Data Librarian, September 2017 – Present.
• Provide reference and instruction to build and promote numeric data collections in support of research in the social sciences.
• Liaison to Government Information and Public Administration and as the representative to the Inter-Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR).
New York University, Elmer Holmes Bobst Library, Business and Economics Librarian, July 2014 – September 2017.
• Provided research assistance to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
• Liaison to business and economics programs.
• Responsible for collection maintenance and development for business and economics.
• Taught instruction sessions covering research and library skills to business and economics courses.
Lehman College, City University of New York, Leonard Lief Library, Intern, June 2014 – August 2014.
• Provided reference and research services to library patrons.
• Created an online video to promote access to articles from the New York Times through the library.
• Assisted in collection maintenance for business.
• Evaluated e-book collection and re-designed the e-book webpage on the library website.
• Created an online research guide on how to Google effectively.
New York University, Elmer Holmes Bobst Library, Business and Government Documents, Reference Associate, December 2010 – July 2014.
• Provided reference and research services to library patrons in person and via chat and email.
• Taught a variety of general bibliographic instruction classes and workshops for international, graduate and business students, including how to use online catalogs and databases for scholarly research.
• Conducted one-on-one and group term paper clinics with students.
• Provided on-demand instructional support to researchers in the humanities, social sciences, business, science and government documents on subject-specific databases, tools, and resources.
• Trained student assistants and adjuncts in library procedures and policies.
• Compiled needs assessment measures into online survey format. Design assessment surveys for renovated study spaces in the library, compile data, manage implementation of assessment and provide training for library staff.
• Designed, edited, and updated research guides on Business, Economics, Hospitality, Music Business, Sports Management, and Government documents.
• Creator and editor of Bobst Library’s Research Commons Semi-Annual Newsletter.
• Member of Communications Committee and Social Media Ambassadors Group.
New York University, Elmer Holmes Bobst Library, Course Reserves, Part-time Assistant, August 2008 – July 2010
• Provided excellent customer service to patrons wishing to check out books on reserve and helped patrons find materials in the online catalog.
• Assisted patrons in finding microform and microfiche in the library and instructed patrons on using microform and microfiche machines.
United States Census Bureau, Census Taker, New York, NY, April – June 2010
• Conducted interviews in English and Spanish with residents in assigned areas by following confidentiality laws.
• Explained the purpose of the Census interview, answered resident’s questions, and recorded Census data.
Washington Mutual, Credit Card Services, Project Specialist, San Francisco, CA, June 2007 – August 2008
• Supported the production of all direct mail development and email marketing.
• Collected and analyzed data on the number of new credit card holders and forecasted future credit card acquisitions.
• Compiled analytic reports on customer acquisition response rates and direct mail packages cost.
Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program, Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley, CA, September-December 2004; January – May 2007
• Collected data regarding the growing prominence of the Spanish Language from television, radio, and newspaper
• Researched in various databases for journals, newspapers, and magazines articles and reports.
Shemano Group, Intern, San Francisco, CA, June – August 2006
• Studied and analyzed multiple companies that were becoming public.
• Researched and contacted potential clients in order for brokers to introduce their services.
• Created informative packets for potential clients with information on how the stock market operates, different types of companies, and bonds.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Bill Gates Millennium Scholar, 2002-2010
• California Alumni Scholar, 2002
• Special Libraries Association-NY, Ellis Mount Scholarship Award, 2012
• Law Library Association of Greater New York Scholarship, 2012
• American Library Association, Spectrum Scholar, 2013-2014
• Professional Education Award, New York University, Division of Libraries, 2013-2014
• Joseph N. Whitten Scholarship, 2014
• American Library Association, 2014-Present
• Association of College and Research Libraries, 2014-Present
• Metropolitan New York Library Council, 2011- Present
• Reference and User Services Association, 2014-Present
• Special Libraries Association- NY, 2012 – 2014
• Fluent in written and verbal Spanish.
• Knowledgeable in reading and communicating in Portuguese.
COMPUTER SKILLS AND DATABASES
• Office Databases and Programs: Excel, Powerpoint, Pages, Qualtrics, Libguides, and Refworks.
• Research Databases: ABI/Inform, Bloomberg, Business Source Complete, Census Data, DataStream, Factiva, Global Market Information Database, Govistics, Hoover’s Online, IBIS World, Lexis-Nexus, Proquest Central, Reference USA, Simmons OneView, SimplyMap, Standard & Poor’s, and Statistical Insight.
• Music Business: Find books and articles on Music Business along with resources for Marketing, Statistics, the Music Industry, and Copyright & Music Industry Association, http://nyu.libguides.com/musicbusiness
• New York University, Member of Communications Committee, 2013-2014.
• American Library Association Midwinter Meeting, 2014, ALA Joblist Placement Center.
Assisted attendees in locating job placement resources, such as resume reviews, career counseling,
and interview workshops.